EVBCH members practice safe, sensible, LNT behavior; consequently, all rides are limited to 10 riders or less. When participating in a sanctioned ride, all riders must adhere to the following Ride Rules:
1. The Trail Boss oversees all ride activities and can delegate responsibilities.
2. A walk is the only gait allowed in camp or in an assembly area.
3. Horses with a tendency to kick must have a red ribbon on their tail.
4. The Trail Boss will set the gait/pace with consideration to all riders.
5. Remain on the trail behind the Trail Boss and in front of the Drag for the entire ride.
6. Maintain a consistent speed and keep a horse-length between horses.
7. Notify the Trail Boss or Drag Rider if you need to stop; wait until all are mounted before moving out.
8. Do not leave the group without notifying the Trail Boss.
9. Riders under 18 years of age must wear a helmet and be accompanied by a parent.
10. The Trail Boss may remove a disruptive rider or horse from the group. (Accompanied by the Drag Rider or appointed rider)
· alcoholic beverages on the ride
· stallions or dogs
· swearing or profane language
· riding bareback, with a bareback pad, or double (unless in emergency)
· cantering or racing
Reference: Etiquette & Safety Guidelines, and Trail Ride Rules, EVBHC Education Committee
Trail Etiquette helps equestrians maintain a good relationship with other trail user groups. Check out this great video on trail etiquette.